Maryland Get Ready for Tax Amnesty!
The amnesty application (AM-15) is scheduled to be available on August 28th. Applications will start being accepted on September 1st.
The Tax Amnesty Program applies to:
- Personal income tax
- Fiduciary income tax
- Pass-through entity nonresident income tax
- Corporate income tax
- Employer withholding tax
- Sales and use tax
- Admissions and amusement tax
- Previous recipients of 2001 or 2009 amnesty are not eligible.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than October 30, 2015.
- Any payments made before the amnesty period will not be eligible.
- If choosing the payment plan option it must be completed by 12/31/16.
- If you currently are on a payment plan you may still be eligible for amnesty.
- You must have an outstanding liability beyond penalties and interest to qualify.
- You may be eligible for amnesty even if you have been or are currently being audited.
- Don’t procrastinate after amnesty is over the chances of being caught and charged will be greater. New technology is being implemented to catch non-payers.
- You must file all tax returns
- Applications are accepted between 9/1/15 – 10/30/15.
- The faster you apply the better your chances of acceptance.
Call us today 410-727-6006 to see if you qualify.