What is Injured Spouse Relief?

If you filed a joint return and, instead of getting a tax refund, your money was applied to the past tax debts of your spouse? You may be able to get your share of that money back by requesting an Injured Spouse Allocation.

Do You Qualify as an Injured Spouse?

You may qualify as an Injured Spouse if both of the following are true:

  1. You are not personally required to pay the past-due debt.
  2. During the year in question, you had earned income that was reported on a Form 1040, or had income taxes withheld from your pay, or made estimated tax payments.

Where to turn?

Choosing the right course of action can be hard, with S.H. Block Tax Services on your side, you can feel confident you have made the best choice in representation.

Our law firm is dedicated to helping taxpayers resolve their IRS tax problems. With our knowledge of the IRS we won’t fall into the traps and pitfalls of the IRS. With a highly knowledgeable group we are one of the nation’s most experienced IRS Tax Resolution firm.

Our staff has over 50 years of combined IRS & state tax experience and has resolved thousands of taxpayer problems. We have maintained our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau for over 13 years.

The Bottom Line:

The time to act is now there are usually statutes of limitation on specific relief. Contact us today and set up your Free Consultation.