Maryland Tax Preparation Services
Our state and federal tax codes are long, complicated, and full of potential pitfalls, so it’s no surprise many people need help preparing their taxes. If you need tax preparation services in Maryland, we’re here to help. At S.H. Block Tax Services, we take the pain out of tax time so you can file with confidence.
Whether you need a personal income tax return or tax prep services for your business, our team can help. We have decades of experience preparing accurate returns that help Maryland taxpayers get the lowest tax bills and highest returns possible under the law. We stay current with federal and state tax laws and constantly hone our skills to deliver the best tax prep service available.
Why Hire a Tax Professional?
Tax prep can frustrate you and eat up your patience and time. If you’ve never hired a tax expert to help you prepare your taxes, you may be surprised at how easy and affordable it can be. Many people who turn to an expert for tax prep find they don’t want to go back.
If you’ve never thought about working with a tax professional before, consider the following:
- A tax professional can save you time and money (and sanity). Income tax preparation can be a complicated process, and if you miss a deduction or credit that could have lowered your tax bill, the IRS won’t point it out to you. Just trying to find every possible tax advantage can be a major headache considering how complicated our tax codes are. You could easily get back the money you spent to hire a professional if they find even one deduction or credit you would have missed.
- A tax professional can answer your questions. You can try to figure out the answers on your own, but the IRS’ resources aren’t very user-friendly, and many other online sources are out-of-date or unreliable. A tax professional should be able to clear up any confusion and address your questions in language you can understand.
- You don’t have to try and be a tax expert. Tax laws are constantly changing, and it’s impossible for the average person to keep up. A qualified professional tax preparer should stay on top of the latest tax code changes, so you don’t have to.
- Working with a tax professional gives you peace of mind. Missing a deduction or credit is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to mistakes you can make. An error on your taxes can trigger an IRS letter or audit, as well as fines and penalties. When you file taxes that have been prepared by a qualified and experienced professional, you can rest easy knowing that your returns are accurate and tax code compliant.
- A tax pro can help you with year-round planning. A lot of people go through major headaches at tax time because they never think about taxes during the other 50 weeks of the year. Your tax professional can talk with you about strategies and habits that can lower your tax bill and save you money year in and year out.
- A tax professional can represent you in an audit. A tax audit from the IRS or the Comptroller of Maryland can be an extremely stressful experience to go through alone. A tax professional with a legal background can communicate effectively with the IRS or comptroller’s office, negotiate on your behalf during your audit, and defend you during litigation. (Fees may apply.)
Can’t I Just Use Free Tax Preparation Software?
Most “free” tax prep software isn’t really free. Many of these programs entice you with the promise of free tax prep so you’ll get started. Then, when you’re almost done, they reveal that you need to pay to actually file, or to do your state taxes, or to prepare a complex return — all services that are rolled into the price of hiring a tax professional.
And if your free tax prep software misses a deduction, credit, or mistake, then that’s another hidden cost. Between the many upcharges for basic services and the money you could lose from fees, penalties, and missed deductions or credits, so-called “free” tax preparation tools can end up costing you much more than the services of an experienced and reliable professional.
Get Tax Preparation You Can Trust With S.H. Block Tax Services
Our team at S.H. Block has more than 100 years of combined experience in tax preparation and resolution. Our clients are our top priority, and we’re proud to serve our community in Baltimore and throughout the state of Maryland. When you partner with us for tax preparation, you’ll have a talented, dedicated team of tax pros on your side.
Our team includes experienced tax attorneys, and we work with many clients to resolve tax liabilities and other issues. But we’d rather work with you to prepare your taxes, so you don’t have any issues to resolve! To learn more about our tax preparation services or get a quote, call us at 410-793-1231 or use the quick and easy contact form on this page.